Oops! Precious Poop!

That “ice” in her drink wasn’t frozen water!

A woman attending a charity event accidentally swallowed a $5000 diamond that had been placed in her glass of champagne. The diamond was retrieved from her insides after a colonoscopy. Mail Online has the story:

An 80-year-old Florida woman mistakenly swallowed a $5,000 diamond that unknown to her had been placed in her glass of champagne at an charity event she was attending.

The woman, known as Miriam, has declined to give her last name, but was attending the event organized by the Tampa Women’s Club last weekend.

As a surprise for the attendees, the organizers filled each of the 400 flutes of champagne with a cubic zirconia, except for one which contained a $5,000 diamond donated by a local jeweler.
[...]
Fortunately for Miriam she had a routine colonoscopy booked for the next day, although it turned out to be anything but routine as she gave her doctor strict instructions to be on the lookout for something sparkling.

Her doctor found the elusive diamond, but Miriam still had to check out if it was the winning jewel, so Miriam stopped by the jewelry store to have the diamond tested.

‘She came with it in a bio-hazard bag and it wasn’t even cleaned,’ said Joy Pierson, a partner at Continental Wholesale Diamond which had donated the precious stone.  MORE HERE

THAT’S Batshit Crazy!

 

 

Tip Jar

Shop at my Amazon Bookstore

Shop at my Amazon Department Store

Buy Ad Space

Email Me: Zilla@MareZilla.com

 

  • http://evilbloggerlady.blogspot.com/ Evi L. Bloggerlady

    That is just rude. You could at least clean it.

    • http://marezilla.com/ Zilla of the Resistance

      I agree, that part of the story was super nasty!

  • SignPainterGuy

    Diamonds ARE washable, for cryin` out loud !